[Note: this page will be updated, so visit us often]
Mr. Tardy made a one hour presentation to an overflow crowd of interested residents at our community meeting on September 1. His slide presentation is available for viewing below.
The major points from his presentation were:
– A strong El Nino is still foretasted.
– The Jet stream will move and be directed at California.
– Normal winter rains can be expected for October thru January with heavier storm events for Feb and March.
– Southern Californian will be affected. Effect on northern California is unknown at this time
Alex Tardy, NOAA – San Diego, Warning Coordinator Meteorologist
- Weather Outlook 2015-16 – El Nino can bring: more of a consolidated elongated Pacific Jet: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/briefing/ENSO_Elnino_September2_2015_SGX.pdf
- Alex Tardy’s presentation voice recording http://idyllwildtowncrier.com/2015/09/03/video-idyllwilds-mountain-disaster-preparedness-presents-prepared-for-el-nino-on-tuesday-sept-1-2015/
- Climate and El Nino Monitoring: Coming soon
- The Drought Story and El Nino Outlook: http://wp.me/p3yNiH-j6
Julian Geisinger, and Deborah Geisinger, Arborist
- Storm Preparedness tips for land and trees: http://wp.me/P3yNiH-jr
- Water-Wise Tree Care: http://www.inlandurbanforestcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/delightful-downloads/2015/06/FINALWaterwiseTreeCare-web.pdf
- Go to : http://gis.bam.water.ca.gov/bam/
- On the right, accept the disclaimer
- Click on all the layer choices
- Enter your location
- Press Enter
California Flood Preparedness Website